Preferred Support Client Knowledgebase
Jeff IT is committed to providing the best possible computing support to the TJU community. One approach, which has been increasingly adopted by universities and other organizations, is the Preferred support model.
Unlike the central IT Help Desk, the distributed model recognizes that technology is too important, pervasive, and complex for any one group to exclusively support. Instead, the central IT support group oversees a federated support program that engages its clients in a variety of collaborative programs.
Use the tools and instructions below or search for documentation related to your specific needs. If after searching the knowledge base you still need assistance call the Jeff IT Service Desk at 215-503-7600.
- This service is offered as a universal storage for TJU constituents. Store, share, and send data using the simple interface with anyone, including non-Jeffersonians.
- TJUH provides and electronic calendaring and scheduling application based on Lotus Notes/Domino. Referred to as JeffCal by the TJU community, this application offers individual and group scheduling capabilities along with other features.
EMR-Electronic Medical Records
- Training Manuals
- Devices that are supported are those that can run Intellisync software, and BlackBerry. In order to be able to run Intellisync, a device must be running Windows Mobile 5.0 or 6.0, or Palm OS 4.1 or greater. Blackberries must be 8100 series or above. At this time, Jeff IT does not support the iPod or the iPhone.
- Microsoft Outlook 2003 is the standard version supported by Jeff-IT. Here you will find a list of references for configuring Outlook.
- A web based report and document distribution system, providing fast access to critical informaiton. Clients can review reports online shortly after they are created.
University Website Management System-Contribute
- Contribute is an Adobe product that allows non-HTML web professionals to manage their content on their TJU websites. You can edit copy, add pictures, and create links and new pages. Jeff IT will train you on how to get the most out of using Contribute to maintain your website. Jeff IT is available to assist you in requests that may require more than a typical Contribute layout.
- For issues relating to general computing problems
Frequently Asked Questions
Tips and Tricks
The "Tips and Tricks" section of the knowledgebase lists some commonly used shortcuts. These and other shortcuts can be found under the help menu of the programs listed. When you have a question or problem with an application, utilizing the applications help function can save you time and resolve some of your questions.